Saturday 18 June 2011

Closing Sequence

Well, that's it.
GCSEs completely finished. School finished. Just results day left.
I know that, by rights,  I should be really happy, be celebrating, partying and all that jazz.

But I've just left my friends (and dare I say it, my only real friends) behind. I've just left those who knew Billie behind. I will try to keep in touch of course, but I am terrible at meeting people. I'll miss the knowing looks, the note passing, the little quips, advice, friendly banter, physical help, make-up smuggling... But mostly I will miss them as people. By god I'll miss them. If I helped them in a way even mildly comparable to anything they have done for me, I will be proud. I just don't want to let them go!
I just feel absolutely terrible. I can't believe-no, I refuse to believe that that's it. I just doesn't seem like an end- it seems far, far too soon! :(
What happens next? Cricket-which I have no choice in. Airsoft- Which I will only do once with any luck this summer. and then... nothing I guess. I am going to, at sometime during the extended break, escape, and simply be Billie for a day or two, alone perhaps. Gather my thoughts, work out a plan of action for sixth form, assuming I make the grades, that is.
                        How I'll manage there is anyone's guess. I guess I'll have to start getting to know people a bit better throughout the village perhaps- but there is no-one I know here, bar one whom I don't want to spoil the relationship we have already, who I trust well enough- or even know well enough, to tell. I guess I'm flying solo for a while
                Empty Chairs At Empty Tables, Where My Friends Will Meet No More. .

Act 1 Scene 4 Closes.
Interval.

No comments:

Post a Comment